Submission Deadline has now passed and jurying for the final set of images for the show
by our judging staff is in progress.
The Fine Art of Photography 2017
Opening Reception Sunday May 7th, 2-5pm
Awards Ceremony, Live Music, Refreshments,
& Cash Bar
Exhibit open from 10 am to 4pm daily
(noon on Sundays) and runs through June 18th
The Fine Art of Photography
Seventh Annual Juried Photography Exhbition
- Color Photography
- B&W Photgraphy
(Please note that the Judges’ assessment of which category an entry will be in)
$500 Best in Show
For Each Category
$250 First Place,
$100 Second Place,
Two Honorable Mentions ea.
Special Sponsor Awards
Most Dramatic B&W - $100 - Mulcahy Family Sponsor
Color and Black and White Categories: This is traditional photography. The image has conventional post processing techniques that enhance the image appearance without changing the pictorial content. Edits and/or effects that changes an image’s appearance from being a normal photograph may be categorized as Digitally Enhanced. Cropping, sharpening, and removal of obtrusive artifacts such as dust specks are allowed. Black and White includes monochromatic and sepia tones.
Non-Traditional Photography (includes the following)
• Digitally Enhanced: An image that does not meet the stricter requirements for the Color or Blank & White categories, or which has been digitally enhanced beyond the appearance of a photograph. It may have subjects or lighting added, removed or otherwise modified to create the image.
• Vintage and Alternative Printing Processes: Despite having been pioneered decades ago, alternative printing processes — the photogram, daguerreotype, tintype, collodion, Mordançage and others — are still widely practiced.. The 21st century has witnessed increased popularity among these and other organic printing methods, as photographers gravitate to the unique, unpredictable and fascinating print characteristics achievable through these time-honored techniques. This is the perfect opportunity to show off your darkroom skill and creative vision.
• Pinhole/Plastic Camera Imagery: This category includes analog photography, e.g. pinhole cameras and plastic cameras like the Holga, Diana and Lomo. The supposed “defects” of these cameras — light leaks, soft focus, vignetting, diffraction , bring a specific character to this field of photography.
• Upload Images – January 20th through February 25th.
• Judges selections posted on website no later than 12pm (Noon) on Saturday, April 1st.
(Important: Accepted artists and titles will be posted on-line on this website)
• Drop off Accepted Work Framed Ready for Hanging: Sunday, April 30th from Noon to 4:00pm and Monday &
May 1st, from 4:00pm to 7:00pm (See dates for shipping artwork below.)
• The Exhibition is open from Saturday, May 6th through Saturday, June 17th.
• Grand Reception & Awards Ceremony: Sunday May 7th, 2pm through 6:00pm,
Hors d'oeuvres, Live Music, Cash Bar
• End of Show Pickup: Sunday, June 18th, noon to 4:00pm and
Monday, June 19th, 4:00pm to 7:00pm.
ELIGIBILITY: Open to all photographers and artists submitting photography. Painted photographs, digital artwork not created through photography, or other mixed media artwork containing in part photographs will not be accepted. All work must be for sale. Membership is not a requirement.
ENTRY SUBMISSIONS: The Exhibition only accepts digital entries through CaFÉ (Call for Entries.) There will be a link posted to our website when submissions open. CD’s will not be accepted.
Submission Fee: $10.00 per image entered.
LIMITATIONS. There is a 15 piece limit to the number of entries. You may enter as many images as you like. The limit on how many images accepted for exhibition is two per artist. Also, only one award will be given to an artist. NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE: Artists names and image titles accepted into the exhibition will be posted on our website on Saturday, April 1st, 2017
Drop off Accepted Work Framed Ready for Hanging: Sunday, April 30th from Noon to 4:00pm and Monday, May 1st, from 4:00pm to 7:00pm (See dates for shipping artwork below.)
Shipping: All shipped works should arrive between April 2th and April 29st, 2016. Photographs that arrive later than April 29st will be hung at the discretion of the Hanging Committee.
FRAMING: — Sturdy, wired, and ready for hanging. Worn, unprofessional presentation is not acceptable. Framed work should not exceed 48" in any direction.
AWARDS: Award winners will be notified prior to the opening reception that they have won an award but not which award. Specific awards will be announced at the Reception and Awards Ceremony. Artists are limited to one award only,
SALE: The Plymouth Guild receives commission on all sales: Members 30%, Non-Members 40%. Become a member and save, plus exhibit in all our regular shows! Contact us at 508-746-7222, or sign up online at
www.artsplymouth.org. Selling price is specified on the entry form and remains unchanged during the show. Sold work must remain in the gallery until the end of the show.
LIABILITY: The Plymouth Guild, Inc. is not responsible for fire, theft, loss, or damage. Work is submitted at the artists’ risk.
USE: Artwork accepted to the show will be on exhibit to the public, offered for sale, and may be used for photo show publicity, on our website, and in our show catalogue.